West Herts’ barren season finally bore some fruit on Saturday as they held Old Georgians to a 4-4 draw to pick up their first point of the campaign.

They have eight games left to save their National League status as the relegation fight heads towards its conclusion.

Stags lost the reverse fixture 4-2 in the second week of the campaign, and looked set for another difficult afternoon when they went behind to Mark Loughrey’s second-minute strike.

They hit back almost immediately when Pete Corbridge netted the first of his two goals.

However, efforts from Nick Cooper and Isaac Farant put Georgians 3-1 up with 20 minutes on the clock.

Coming into the second half things looked dire for Stags, but they regrouped to get the vitally important next goal.

Aaron Mitchell was the man to provide it, before former Great Britain and England striker James Tindall made it 4-2.

With time at a premium, Stags were given fresh hope when Harry Benjamin once again reduced the deficit.

The comeback was complete in the 68th minute thanks to Corbridge, who showed nerves of steel to convert a penalty corner.

Stags remain bottom of the table, eight points adrift of Old Loughtonians.

The pair meet in February after the season goes on hiatus for the indoor campaign.

The ladies Firsts werte left frustrated when their match with St Albans was called off due to a heavy frost.

The men’s Seconds travelled to Bourne Deeping and were unable to take anything from the clash as they suffered a 2-1 defeat.

Having gone 2-0 down, Dan Scott scored late on for Herts, but their late push for a leveller came up short.

The Thirds were given a taste of their own medicine as they were thrashed 9-1 by a rampant Bedford Seconds.

They have found goalscoring easy in recent weeks, but were outclassed to suffer their biggest defeat of the season.

It was a different story for the Fourths, however, and they bounced back from a run of heavy loses to beat Stevenage Firsts 5-3.

Jack Bowsher, Ian Gough and Matty Woods got the goals for Stags.

A game of two halves saw Stags Fifths fail to make the most of first-half dominance.

They went in 0-0 at the break and were beaten 7-0 by Cheshunt Seconds.