A 20-year-old Class A drug dealer was lured to a street where he was murdered for his crack cocaine and cash, a jury was told.

Ahsanullah Nawazai, who was also known as Marshall, was stabbed as he sat in a grey Nissan Qashqai in Walshingham Way, London Colney, on November 28 last year.

Mr Nawazai, from Walthamstow, managed to get out of the car and was found collapsed and bleeding in the street by a jogger outside St Bernadette Catholic Primary School, St Albans Crown Court heard.

The woman jogger went to his aid and called for an ambulance. He was taken to Watford General Hospital where he died.

Watford Observer:

Carla Callum, 30, from Walshingham Way in London Colney, and Anis Anderson, 20, from Fordwych Road, London NW2, deny murder on 28 November last year.

Opening the case on Tuesday, prosecutor Steven Perian QC said Mr Nawazai was "viciously and brutally stabbed and robbed of his drugs and money."

He said: "He was found collapsed wearing a T shirt, jeans, white socks, but no shoes. He had a £20 crumpled note which was half hanging out of his jeans' pocket."

A post-mortem examination revealed that Mr Nawazai suffered a number of stab injuries caused by a bladed weapon, including a fatal stab wound to the chest.

Mr Perian told the jury: "He was, from the evidence you will hear, a drug dealer who carried and supplied Class A drugs. He also carried a lot of cash with him."

When the police searched the Nissan Qashqai, it was blood-stained, and no drugs were recovered. A mobile phone allegedly included a message from Carla Callum with the postcode for Walsingham Way. It had been sent earlier that afternoon at 12.25pm.

A black latex glove was said to be found in the centre console. Its thumbs and wrist sections were missing. The victim's blood was on the outside and Anderson's DNA was allegedly found on the inside.

In the kitchen sink at 4 Walshingham Way, where both defendants were said to the be living at the time, the police found a wet black handled knife and three pieces of a black glove. An expert said two of the three pieces of the glove came from the same glove found in the console.

The prosecutor said DNA from Mr Nawazai and Anderson were also found on the knife.

Mr Perian said that the defendants left the scene together. CCTV footage allegedly showed them entering the Broad Lakes nature reserve in London Colney, emerging 8 minutes later.

The prosecutor said: "The crown say they went there to dispose of any items that would link one or the other to the stabbing."

They then went to the Elstree Inn Hotel at Shenley Road, Borehamwood where they paid a deposit for a room in cash. Carla Callum allegedly gave her name as Kirsty Smith. They stayed there for 2 nights before leaving on November 30.

On November 30, Carla Callum approached a police cordon during the search in Walsingham Way.

She told the officers: "I live at number 4. I have been away for a few days."

She was arrested. An Alcatel mobile phone was found on her along with Argos receipts for two Alcatel mobile phones.

Her phone was examined and Anis Anderson was arrested on December 1 in Sydney Road, Tilbury. The second Alcatel mobile phone from Argos was found along with £300 in cash.

Mr Perian said Anis Anderson's shoes were examined by an expert whose opinion was that blood staining was present on the upper surfaces and laces of the right shoe.

The trial continues.