Nottingham Forest are fortunate to go into half-time with Watford level on the score-sheet and they are arguably lucky to still have 11 men on the pitch heading into the second period.

The Golden Boys dominated the opening 45 minutes as Fernando Forestieri and Matej Vydra caused the visitors continual problems at Vicarage Road.

The Hornets grabbed a deserved opener through Odion Ighalo half an hour into the contest but then Almen Abdi's sloppy pass allowed Michail Antonio to equalise two minutes later.

Forest arguably should have been reduced to ten men just before the break when Vydra was brought down as he ran through on goal.

Jokanovic made just the one change to his starting line-up, with Juan Carlos Paredes replacing Lloyd Doyley at right back. That meant Troy Deeney was again on the bench as he continues his recovery from a hamstring injury.

A Heurelho Gomes fumble from a Forest cross almost handed the visitors an opening goal inside the first 90 seconds. Fortunately for the Hornets, Antonio was unable to reach the ball at the far post.

But the Golden Boys then enjoyed a dominant spell which saw Forestieri have two dangerous efforts from distance. One was parried by goalkeeper Karl Darlow as it moved in the air and the other went narrowly over the bar.

The 4-3-2-1 formation used by Jokanovic will enable Vydra, Forestieri and Deeney to play in the same team and all have been in good form of late.

Vydra looks like he is back to his best and was linking up superbly with Forestieri. One such move almost saw the home side take the lead as Vydra showed quick feet before his shot was saved by Darlow.

Forestieri passed to Vydra again moments later and Darlow again needed to deny the in-form Vydra, whose first-time volley was well-struck.

But it was Ighalo, the man likely to miss out upon Deeney’s return, who opened the scoring just before the half-hour mark and made it three goals in as many games for the Nigerian. Abdi’s cross from the left was flicked on by Gianni Munari and Ighalo was able to bundle in from close range.

However, Abdi gave the ball straight to Antonio two minutes later and the Forest winger beat Joel Ekstrand wide left before slotting the ball into the far corner to equalise from a tight angle.

The Golden Boys then had a period where they continuously gave the ball away needlessly and appeared to panic.

Watford Observer:

But they regained their control as the half came to a close and Forest captain Michael Mancienne was fortunate to stay on the pitch as he brought down Vydra when he appeared to be through on goal. The Vicarage Road faithful were demanding a red card but Dean Whitestone only produced yellow.

There was still time before the break for Forestieri to again test Darlow from distance with the final attack of the half.

Watford line-up: Gomes; Paredes, Ekstrand, Bassong, Pudil; Tozser; Abdi, Munari; Forestieri, Vydra; Ighalo.

Subs: Bond, Deeney, Doyley, Murray, Dyer, Anya, Hoban.

Nottingham Forest line-up: Darlow, Lichaj, Mancienne, Wilson, Harding, Antonio, Vaughan, Tesche, Burke, Osborn, Assombalonga.

Subs: De Vries, Fox, Hunt, Lascelles, Paterson, Fryatt, Blackstock.

Follow the second-half action here.