Watford kept their second clean-sheet in a row as a 0-0 in south Wales spoiled Bob Bradley's party in his first game as Swansea manager.

The Swans were the better side on the day but came up against a visiting goalkeeper, in Heurelho Gomes, who stood up to everything thrown at him.

Walter Mazzarri's side did have chances of their own, and might have had a late penalty when Valon Behrami went down in the home box.

But it was the hosts who came closest, Denies van der Hoorn forcing Gomes into a superb save from close range, and Gylfi Sigurdsson striking the post in the final minutes.

Mazzarri made two changes from the side which edged to victory on Teeside a week ago, and restored Odion Ighalo to the starting line-up with Isaac Success ruled out by injury.

Camilo Zuniga was also preferred to Nordin Amrabat at right wing-back, as the Hornets sought a more natural defender against a Swansea side brimming with pace.

The Swans, with their tails up while Bradley watched on from the dugout, forged the opening chance of the game inside 10 minutes, when Modou Barrow's shot forced Gomes into a full-length save at his near post.

Barrow and Wayne Routledge can be tricky customers either side of Borja Gonzalez, and the latter was next to test the visiting defence, fizzing a ball in from the left which forced Jose Holebas to clear behind.

Ighalo was facing what might have been - for the near future - a make-or-break audition for his place, and saw a shot blocked after good work by Deeney as the Hornets expressed themselves for the first time.

But again the attention switched back to the hosts, and Gylfi Sigurdsson was next to try his luck, but only forced a straightforward save from Gomes.

On the half-hour mark, Etienne Capoue lined up a free-kick in an inviting position 25 yards out, and angled his drive perfectly to beat the wall, but couldn't stop it narrowly beating the bar as well.

He tried a first-time effort when Swansea could only half-clear the ball minutes later, but if his first attempt was close, this was never in danger of beating Lukasz Fabianski.

A 30-yard strike from the unlikely source of Younes Kaboul followed, as the Hornets saw out the half on the front foot.

But it was Swansea who would again begin well into their stride after the break, and Borja saw an acrobatic shot fly wide 11 minutes into the second period.

Sigurdsson and Ighalo saw chances blocked at either end, before Barrow again proved himself a nuisance to pick out Borja.

The 24-year-old Spanish striker should have tested Gomes, if not given the hosts the lead, but he could only skew his header wide of goal.

The Brazilian keeper was called into action minutes later though, and pulled off a wondersave from van der Hoorn's strike from inside the six-yard box and preserve the stalemate.

Substitute Fernando Llorente headed over as the Swans began to realise it might not be their day, which looked more likely when Gomes again stood firm to deny Sigurdsson from close range.

There were calls for a penalty at the other end when Behrami's rare excursion into the box was halted prematurely, but referee Paul Tierney, who had awarded two spot kicks so far this season, was unmoved.

In the closing stages Sigurdsson went yet closer when striking Gomes' post with the Brazilian well beaten, in what would be the hosts' final attempt to end the charmed life his goal was living.

In fact, Watford might have snatched it at the death, but substitute Amrabat, after good work from Deeney and Ighalo, shot over the bar.