Herts Sunday Intermediate Cup Round Three

It was a good morning for the league’s clubs in the Herts Intermediate Cup, with four sides safely through, including those winning away at teams from elsewhere in the county.

Evergreen had to make a 30-mile round trip to Welwyn Garden City to face The Grove but were rewarded with a 3-0 win.

All the goals came in the second half, with the deadlock broken when a ball down the left wing released Ben Adams, who cut inside the centre half and unleashed an unstoppable shot into the top corner.

Evergreen then suffered a double injury blow and had to make two changes, but this didn't have an adverse impact as one of the substitutes, Kyle Rimmer, played a through ball to Adams to calmly slot home and double his side’s lead.

The final goal was the result of a team move that swept from one side of the pitch to the other and ended with Adams’ shot being saved but Tom Verbena tucked home the rebound.

Tudor Athletic were the other successful team to travel outside of the Watford area and win, convincingly beating Herts Rangers 7-1.

Tom Herbert gave Tudor the lead from close range, which was then followed by a quick-fire brace from Sam Clarke.

The home side pulled a goal back just before the break, but it was one-way traffic in the second half.

Dave Herbert notched a brace before turning provider for James Hocking to score the sixth, and then veteran Karl Bull scored with a 25-yard effort to complete the impressive win.

The two other ties pitted WSL opposition against each other.

Ripstone seem to like cup football. Despite being bottom of Division Two without a league win from four games, they made it two cup victories out of two after beating fellow third-tier side AFC Green Machine by the odd goal in seven.

Matt Elgey scored all four goals for the victors, with two-goal Daniel Perry and one from Tom Read for Green Machine.

First Division North Watford came through a tight match with Second Division Rickmansworth Athletic, the winner coming from five minutes from time when Dion Belle was given space to whip a cross into the box which Salim Ahbab headed firmly in for the only goal of the tie.

Eric Hand Challenge Cup Round Two

Two of the three remaining ties in the Challenge Cup saw comfortable wins for Premier Division sides against lower ranked opponents.

Reed Rangers beat First Division Cassiobury Rangers 4-0.

Richard Smith opened the scoring following a quick counter-attack and Nathan Singh made it two just before half-time.

Karl Penny netted the third with a solo effort and the fourth arrived in superb fashion in the final minute when John Smith struck with a volley from 25 yards.

Chorleywood Club were initially given a tough game by Third Division Hertsmere and it took an hour for the deadlock to be broken by Sam Jolliffe.

An inspired substitution saw Andrew Chapman score with his very first touch 10 minutes later, before turning provider for Chris May to net eight minutes from time.

Ryan McMahon made it 4-0 four minutes from the end and there was still time for Chapman to add his second with the last kick of the game.

Terry Devereux President’s Cup Round Two

The all-First Division tie saw Colne Valley beat Croxley 4-2.

It was Croxley who went ahead after six minutes when Aaron Farrell’s lofted free-kick from the right went straight through the hands of Valley keeper Bradley Bonnick.

Valley’s four goals which ultimately won the tie came in a devastating 19-minute spell.

They levelled after 18 minutes when Krasi Makaveev tapped home at the far post, and four minutes later he raced through onto a ball to score his second.

Chris Blunden then scored two goals of his own to take his tally to eight since joining from Reed Rangers, the first coming after 33 minutes with a well-taken shot after a neat build-up, before he netted again with a 20-yard free-kick four minutes later.

Croxley pulled one back three minutes into the second half when a swift counter-attack from a Valley corner allowed Ben Howells to slot home.

Intermediate Cup Round Two

Third Division Bushey Rangers caused a major upset when they beat the side currently in second place in the division above, Ardent, 6-1 thanks to a George Davies hat-trick, James Henney’s brace and one from Jack Barr. Glenn Rawlings got the Ardent goal.

Second Division FC Woodside were given a big fright by Third Division Bricketwood Social before edging through 4-3.

Drew Snailham and Harry Beaumant both scored twice for Woodside, with Chris Cummins repeating the trick for their opponents and Tom Minton added the third.

Third Division The Tree defeated Second Division Woodlands United by the same scoreline.

Glenn O'Malley scored a hat-trick to take his tally for the season so far to 13 and Alex Simmonds netted The Tree’s other goal. Joe Ray, Liam Laverick and Adam Rawlings replied for Woodlands.

A penalty in the opening minute of the game put Bedmond on the right track against Inter.

George Dalling, playing as a stand-in striker, scored from the spot and he went on to net a hat-trick as Bedmond ran out 5-2 winners.

His second came after half-an-hour when the Inter keeper fell awkwardly and dropped the ball in the six-yard box.

Jerrome Driscoll finished off a great move to put the home side three up with a lob over the keeper and a few minutes later Owen Scully charged through to score the fourth.

Bedmond sat back and Inter took advantage, netting twice in ten minutes through Vasile Dabija and Alex Hayward, but Dalling rounded off the scoring when he completed his treble with ten minutes from time.

The all-Third Division game between Sun Regent Sports and AC Little Silhouette of Milan ended in a 3-0 win for the home side after Josh Shaw, Aarron Crawford and Dave Flannery struck.

Premier Division

St Josephs are up into second place in the table after a 2-1 win over Old Danes Athletic.

The home side’s goals came from Pat Lawrence ten minutes before the break and Robie Totcher with the winner ten minutes from time, either side of a penalty from Josh Oliver.

Josh Taylor’s first-half header was enough for Fox & Hounds to beat Rifle Volunteer, a match in complete contrast to their epic County Cup tie just three weeks before.

Division One

Langleybury CC are into the top four in the table after a narrow 3-2 win over RD FC.

Joe Ellis and James Cross got the RD goals, but Langleybury took the points thanks to Robbie Edgar’s brace and one from Matt Honey.

Division Three

Hertfordshire Lions have a third point of the season after a 2-2 draw with Revolution which was enough to move them up two places in the table and off the bottom.

George Benedetti and Ollie Biggs scored the Lions goals, with Harry Donohoe and Will Keddy on target for their opponents.

Division Four

Sun Postal Sports enjoyed a third league victory of the campaign after a 4-3 away win over NW FC.

George Ray put Sun ahead in the second minute, but two goals from Connor Flanagan gave NW the advantage at the break.

Flanagan completed his hat-trick early in the second half, and the game looked won by the home side, only for Sun to come storming back and snatch victory with three goals in ten minutes.

Ray rounded the keeper to net his second of the contest, Joao Riberio equalised with a well-taken finish from 12 yards, and the winner came when Shaun Knighton headed home from just a yard out.

Two goals from Antonio Baeta were enough for Garston Athletic to beat Chess United 2-0.