Herts Sunday Intermediate Cup Round Four

First Division Evergreen triumphed 3-2 over Second Division Ripstone in an all-Watford Sunday League tie, but the victors twice had to come from a goal down and required extra-time before finally securing a quarter-final berth against the winners of the other all-WSL clash between North Watford and Compasses North.

Tom Courtney gave Ripstone the lead in the first half when his free-kick eluded everyone, including the Evergreen keeper, and nestled into the corner of the net.

Evergreen equalised early in the second half when after Tom Verbena got brought down 25 yards from goal, Ant Benvenga fired home the free-kick.

But they were only on level terms for a couple of minutes, as Culverhouse smashed the ball home from inside the area after Evergreen failed to clear a cross from the right.

It looked like Ripstone would hold for the win, but with the clock having almost reached the 90-minute mark, Evergreen levelled when Ben Adams ran down the right and squared for Verbena to slide home and send the tie into extra-time.

The game was decided five minutes into the additional half-an-hour when Aleks Jokiel was brought down for a penalty, which was slotted home by Ollie Cripps.

Herts Sunday Junior Cup Round Four

Everett Rovers are through to the quarter-finals after dispatching fellow WSL side P&P Social 12-2.

Although P&P are the higher ranked side from Division Four, it was a high-scoring win for Everett who look on paper to be the clear favourites to win the competition.

Mark Hansard opened the scoring after five minutes and added a second shortly after. Harry Gilbert made it 3-0 after which a P&P player was sent off.

With Social reduced to ten men, Everett added a further two goals before half-time thanks to a third goal from Hansard and Ryan Denham opening his account for the day.

P&P pulled one back at the start of the second half from a corner by Mitch Knight only for Luke Preedy to go straight up the other end following the restart and make the score 6-1.

Further goals were added by Denham and two more from Hansard to take his total to five before P&P netted a second through Louie Lobjoit to make it 9-2.

Preedy added his second of the game, either side of a brace from Barry Mitchell, as Everett moved into double figures to set up a meeting with the winners of the tie between Bulls Head and Angel Ware for a place in the semi-final.

Premier Division

Oakview have opened up an eight-point lead at the top of the Premier Division after putting seven goals without reply past third-placed Old Fullerians.

The game was over by half-time with Oakview scoring four times, and three more followed in the second half.

Lewis Putman netted five of his team’s goals to take his tally for the season so far to 23, with Tom Inch and Darryl Brown adding the two other goals.

Reed Rangers are keeping themselves in contention after beating second-placed St Josephs 3-1.

Chad Flaherty put St Josephs ahead in the first half following a free-kick, but a diving header from John Smith levelled the scores before the break.

Nathan Singh chipped the keeper to put Reed ahead at the start of the second half before Karl Penny scored following a swift counter-attack. The victors could even afford to miss a late penalty as well.

West Herts’ first league win of the season has taken them off the bottom of the table following their 3-2 success over Old Danes Athletic.

Sunnie Ighorae latched onto a through ball and clipped it over the advancing keeper on the half-an-hour mark to give West Herts a deserved interval lead.

Old Danes started the second half on the front foot and found themselves in front through goals from Mike Burke and Mark Shanahan.

But the Stags reorganised and sent midfielder Chris Colman into attack and this change produced almost immediate results when the same player levelled the scores with 20 minutes remaining.

Then with time running out, Colman notched his second and the goal of the game when he collected the ball on the right wing, cut in on his left foot and fired a superb shot into the far corner for the winner.

Division Two

With Tudor Athletic not in action, FC Woodside took over leadership of the division following a 5-2 away win over Woodlands United.

Tom Dettmer notched a hat-trick, with Drew Snailham and Lewis Edwards adding the two other goals. Joe Ray and Nick Roberts replied for Woodlands.

AFC Green Machine beat Oxhey Rangers 4-2, with Dan Pippin and Conor Murphy on target for the beaten side.

Division Three

The Tree overcame Bricketwood Social 5-1 to open up a five-point lead at the top of the table, although Bushey Rangers do have a game in hand.

Josh Barter and Adam Cadmore both scored braces, with Glenn O'Malley netting the other to take his total for the season so far to 15. Tom Minton got the Bricketwood consolation goal.

Mid-table sides Hertfordshire Lions and AC Little Silhouette of Milan shared the points after a 3-3 draw.

The Lions goals were scored by Stuart Henderson with a double and one from Ben Pinder, with Joe Hitchins, Ben Davies and Calvin Monaghan netting the AC replies.

Division Four

NW beat Chess United 3-1 to leave themselves as one of four sides on nine points, seven behind Chess on goal difference.

Daniel Flanagan scored twice and Jordan Sterling once, while Craig Putman got the Chess goal.