Escape artists Kings Langley again showed their fighting qualities to repeat their previous week’s point saver with another last-minute equaliser to complete a spirited comeback and earn a 2-2 draw at Redditch United.

The hosts were in the driving seat at the break as goals from Joel Amballi and Ashley Sammons put them two goals to the good. But Kings boss Steve Conroy’s decision to make a double change at the break had the desired effect as Mitchell Weiss struck twice, the second coming in the fourth minute of stoppage time.

Saturday’s match echoed the previous fixture at high-flying Kettering Town from the start when Kings fell behind to an early goal as debutant Amballi latched onto a through ball, brushed off the challenge of Elliott Godfrey and slipped his finish past Martin Bennett.

As Redditch dominated, Jorell Johnson was called upon to clear off the line for the second week running. But the visitors gradually improved with a Johnson header just over and an audacious Matt Ball lobbed shot causing momentary concern.

However, these were rare moments as Steve Conroy’s men made little impression up front or in midfield. And as United upped the pressure with the interval approaching, it was no surprise when they doubled their lead on the break, Sammons netting the rebound from Bennett’s initial save.

The Kings boss made a brave half-time double substitution, bringing on Gareth Price and Arjun Jung and suddenly the visitors looked a totally different team.

In the first ten minutes, the pace of Price created two one-on-one situations with previously untroubled Ethan Ross, one of which he saved and the other was fired over, while Jung and Stevie Ward were both inches away from steering a bobbling ball over the line in a scrimmage.

Ball’s free-kick hit the bar and United struggled to comprehend where this other team had come from as the positions were reversed and Kings now dominated.

The goal they desperately needed finally came in the 65th minute as Jung, who had slotted in as an attacking right-back, intercepted a move, surged forward past a trio of defenders and laid the ball through to Weiss. The striker turned on it and delivered a stunning shot into the far corner from the edge of the box and the game was alive again.

Bennett had to execute a superb tip over as the visitors’ concentration momentarily slipped, but it was all Kings as Weiss, Ward, Price and Kieran Turner all went close. But when a Ward effort spun back off the line, it looked as if the fightback was to be all in vain.

Four minutes of added time were almost up when Kings won a corner which, exactly like the previous game, led to another. Godfrey again swung the ball into the pack of bodies, Turner got a head to it and Weiss stabbed it home as history repeated itself and never-say-die Kings had pulled a point from the fire for the second week running.

Kings Langley: Bennett; Folarin (Jung 46), Connolly, Johnson, Adebiyi; Coldicott-Stevens (Turner 78), Godfrey; Ward, Weiss, Ball; King (Price 46). Subs not used: Tring, Gosling.