Oxhey Jets twice came from behind to secure a battling 2-2 draw against Edgware in their South Midlands League Premier Division clash on Saturday.

Sloppy starts have been somewhat of an Achilles heal for Jets this season and they were once again slow out of the blocks, going a goal behind with just 58 seconds on the clock.

To their credit, Jets were level with 20 minutes played when Luke Jones sped past three Edgware men and played the ball out wide to Nick Kerley. He fizzed a cross into the box where Sean Giordmaina managed to force the ball home with his chest.

Jets were the better side for the remainder of the half, but would once again find themselves s goal behind with 13 minutes remaining.

With time at a premium, Jets needed to make a rapid response and they did exactly that to level five minutes later.

As he had been in the first half, Giordmaina was the man to deliver when Jets most needed as he notched his brace.

The leveller owed much to the quality of substitute George Turner, who made space on the wing before crossing for Giordmaina to score with a simple finish.

Jets were unable to build on this draw though, as they lost 3-1 at London Colney in Tuesday’s Premier Division Cup quarter-final.

After seeing their FA Vase tie with Enfield 1893 postponed due to an investigation into their opponents allegedly fielding an ineligible player, Leverstock Green had to wait until Tuesday to play.

They were on song in the Premier Division clash and eased to a 3-1 win over Harpenden Town.

The victory saw debutant Marcus Campbell make an instant impact with a first-half brace while Jordon Goode also got in on the act.

Green’s FA Vase clash will now take place on Tuesday after Enfield were found to have committed no wrongdoing.

Tring Athletic had no such issues in the Vase as they cruised to a 7-0 drubbing of Wellingborough Town.

Kieran Turner and Ashton Campbell will have to argue it between each other about who gets the match ball after both netted hat-tricks.

Their goals were added to by a solitary effort from Alessandro Campana.

Athletic were unable to carry their form into a Herts Senior Cup game on Wednesday evening as they fell to a 2-1 defeat against Hitchin Town.

Jack Reed got the goal in a losing effort for Tring.

Bovingdon had to weather a considerable storm against Evergreen as they secured a last-gasp win in the Herts Senior Centenary Trophy thanks to a stunning Mitchell Cole effort.