Bovingdon have been celebrating back-to-back title triumphs after winning Spartan South Midland Division Two with a 4-0 win away at Unite MK on Saturday.

A brace from Jordan Thurgood and goals from Matt Standen and Ollie Cox made light work of the home side as last season’s Herts Senior County League champions made sure of top spot.

Thurgood got his first after a cross from the left gave him an unmissable chance inside the 18-yard box after just 15 minutes of play.

They doubled their advantage with a tidy finish from a cross courtesy of Standen, before Cox added a third before half-time with a well-hit strike from the edge of the area that nestled in the bottom corner.

The icing on the cake came in stoppage time as Thurgood took the ball down outside the area before beating a defender with ease, rounding the goalkeeper and finishing into the empty net.

Oxhey Jets were comfortably beaten 4-1 at home by Biggleswade United in the Premier Division on Saturday after what proved to be a tricky afternoon’s work.

Prior to the game they were awarded the league’s team of the month for February, but during the game they were second best all round.

Following a goalmouth scramble in the Jets’ penalty area, the home side created some early chances to score, but Nick Kerkey did well in the Biggleswade goal.

The visitors then took advantage of some wasteful passing from the hosts, with David Parkinson, known to Biggleswade fans simply as ‘Bullet’, profiting after United had nicked the ball in midfield and threaded it into his path for him to score.

Five minutes before the break and ‘Bullet’ fired again after he connected with Taylor Rhiney’s cross from the right.

Jets got the second half off to the worst possible start by conceding a third less than a minute after the restart, with Parkinson this time turning provider ad Sam Holmes tapping in the low cross.

Oxhey did manage to pull back a consolation through a Scott Bonner header in the 81st minute, but three minutes later Parkinson sealed his hat-trick and the win for Biggleswade with an impressive finish.

Northwood went down 3-0 at home to Bracknell Town in the Bostik League South Central Division.

Goals from Joe Grant, Liam Ferdinand and Jordan Brown made the difference as Wood managed just two shots on target.

It took until the 40th minute for Town to break the deadlock, but when defender Imran Uche failed to head the ball clear, he inadvertently played Grant in for a one-on-one and the striker calmly lifted the ball over the onrushing Rob Partington, who was making his debut in the Northwood net.

Soon after the restart the lead was doubled when Ferdinand’s low driven shot beat the keeper and zipped into the bottom right-hand corner of the net.

The game was tied up in injury time when Brown added a third, leaving Northwood feeling deflated in their own ground.

Northwood have one final home game remaining against Marlow on Monday and fans are being urged to arrive early for a special unveiling which the club say will recognise the “vast contribution made by one family to the development of the club over many decades”.