Oxhey Jets were eliminated from the FA Cup at the extra preliminary round after a 4-0 defeat at home to Flackwell Heath.

The home side, who unveiled the newly-named Gary Beadle stand before the match, were unable to match the performances from their games against Eynesbury Rovers and London Colney, with the visitors cruising to victory.

Despite the one-sided scoreline, the opening exchanges were fairly even, with Jets creating a few opportunities but unable to really trouble the visiting defence. That came back to bite them as, with half an hour on the clock, two quick goals downed the side and the game was as good as over.

The hosts missed a glorious opportunity to get themselves back into the game at the start of the second half, and once again they were made to pay as, in the 85th minute, Flackwell made absolutely sure of the result with a third, and then a fourth soon after to make it a more than comfortable win.

Leverstock Green suffered the same fate as Jets but only after losing their replay against Hellenic League side Ardley United 3-1 on Tuesday, having initially drawn 1-1 on Saturday.

Green came so close to advancing at the weekend but were denied by a last-gasp Ardley goal to take the tie to Tuesday’s replay.

Both sides recorded numerous chances in the game but it took until the 86th minute for one of them to be converted. John Smith ran at the Ardley defence and struck superbly into the bottom corner.

There was to be late drama though, as two of Ardley’s substitutes combined for Louis Joyce to power home a header an ensure the sides would meet again in Oxfordshire.

On Tuesday, Ardley took the lead from the penalty spot early on as Joyce converted, but Green levelled on 24 minutes as Jake Pritchard blasted past the goalkeeper.

The visitors were given a great chance to take the lead just before half-time when Adiel Mannion’s shot struck an arm, but his spot-kick was well saved by the Ardley goalkeeper.

Instead, it was the hosts who took a lead into the break as Drew Boyd scrambled home.

A cagey second-half saw chances few and far between, but the decisive moment came late on as Ardley wrapped up the tie with Callum Harvey racing away to round Carl Tasker and slot home.

Finally, Tring Athletic were knocked out of the cup after a 2-1 defeat away at Burnham on Tuesday night.

The fixture was originally due to be played on Saturday but was moved to an evening game earlier this week instead.

The home side took the lead after 20 minutes when Aaron Berry collected the ball on the edge of the area, and his effort deflected past the wrong-footed Tring goalkeeper.

Shortly before the break the visitors were level, however, as Max Mitchell finished with aplomb when left one-on-one with the Burnham stopper.

Tring were reduced to 10 men just after the hour mark and the effect was felt 10 minutes later as the home side took the lead through Joe Blout.

Burnham should have wrapped the game up with 10 minutes to go when they were awarded a penalty against a side now playing with eight men due to another red card and an injury.

Despite missing the spot-kick, their numerical advantage told in the end and they held on for the win to secure their place in the preliminary round.