Oxhey Jets failed to hold onto a slim lead as they lost 4-1 at home to Biggleswade United in the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division on Saturday

Andrew Brennan headed Oxhey into the lead with just five minutes on the clock, towering above the Biggleswade defence to reach a corner.

Jets were exerting a lot of control on the game throughout the first half and looked dangerous every time they went forward.

Biggleswade’s equaliser, the, was vastly against the run of play. Lorrell Smith latched onto a lofted through ball, rounded the keeper and just about squeezed the ball home.

The away side completed the turnaround within 10 minutes of the restart when Cole Butler smashed home a cross, and it got worse for Oxhey when Charlie Clayton had plenty of time and space to nod into the bottom corner.

The miserable afternoon for the hosts was compounded late on when Charisma Agyemang wriggled his way through the defence and slotted into the bottom corner.

The win moves Biggleswade above Jets in the table, who remain with five points from five games.

Northwood exited the Velocity Trophy on Tuesday night following a 3-2 home defeat to Staines Town.

Staines took the lead five minutes before the break when Che Krabbendam finished from outside the area.

Northwood made all three of their changes at half-time and it paid dividends just four minutes later as Charlie Hayford curled in a free-kick won by one of the substitutes.

Jamie Philpot then restored Staines’ lead with a close-range finish, but Woods came back once more as Hayford repeated his first goal with another exquisite free-kick.

There was to be disappointment for Northwood in the end though, as two minutes later Krabbendam grabbed his second to win it for Staines and send them into the next round.

The side were also defeated on Saturday in the Isthmian League South Central Division, going down 2-1 against Tooting & Mitcham United.

Alex Witham handed Northwood the lead on 29 minutes when his angled shot crept in at the far post.

Tooting pulled level just after the hour mark when Danny Bassett drove a shot past Rob Partington, and the hosts then went onto win it late in the day as Razzaq Coleman De Graft latched onto an upfield punt and provided an emphatic finish.

Sarratt still await their first win of the season in Division Two of the Spartan League, but did collect their third draw from four in an entertaining 2-2 tie with The 61 FC (Luton).

William Bishop and Marcus Rivers were on target for Sarratt, but goals from Alex Bithrey and Aiden Dawson pegged them back.

Leverstock Green exited the FA Vase at the hands of Spartan League Premier Division counterparts Aylesbury Vale Dynamos.

Aylesbury won the replay of the tie 3-1 on Tuesday night after a 1-1 draw had been played out on Saturday.

Keith Mupfuruirwa, Alfie Gaspar and Carl Tappin gave Aylesbury a firm 3-0 lead at the break, but an improved showing from Leverstock after the break saw Jack Stevens pull one back.

In the original tie, Andrew Phillips had handed Aylesbury a half-time advantage but they were pegged back by Ollie Cox’s finish in the second half.

Berkhamsted debutant Stephen Dodd scored a hat-trick as they beat Kidlington 4-0 in the Southern League Division One Central.

The first of his haul came when he thumped in Jonathan Lacey’s cross with his head and the second arrived when a neat move down the right involving Lee Stobbs and Lacey resulted in a cross being volleyed home by Dodd.

The new signing completed his hat-trick before the break when he converted from close range to seal an excellent 45-minutes work.

Kidlington made a double substitution at the break in a bid to edge back into the game and at the start of the second half they did finally manage to force Xavi Comas into a number of saves, but the goalkeeper was equal to all that was thrown at him.

Berkhamsted then completely killed the game off with a fourth, scored by Steve Hatch when he volleyed in Lacey’s corner for his first Comrades goal.

Finally, Tring Athletic thrashed Edgware Town 6-0 in the Spartan Premier Division to move up to second.

Athletic led 2-0 at half-time thanks to goals from Charncey Dash and Tommy Fletcher, just two of three shots the side had in the first half.

Dan Ferrigno notched the third on the hour mark and shortly after a corner to the far post was tucked home by Frazer John.

Dash grabbed his second when he clinically finished from Chris Vardy’s pass, and the final blow came late on when Oran Swales hit the sixth.