Northwood’s Isthmian League South Central Division woes were put to the side on Tuesday night as they beat Enfield Town 1-0 away from home in the Middlesex Senior Cup.

Louis Bircham scored the only goal of the game after 22 minutes from the penalty spot after Harry Lodovica was brought down in the area.

Enfield grew into the game in the second half but were unable to turn their dominance into goals. Luck wasn’t on their side either, with multiple efforts coming off the woodwork, but wayward finishing was their main downfall as debutant keeper Alfie Bonfield secured a first clean sheet.

League form did rear its head on Saturday, however, as Woods exited the FA Trophy at the preliminary round stage after suffering a 4-1 defeat against near neighbours Uxbridge.

Woods went 1-0 up through Alex Witham before Callum Bunting and Alan Hedley turned it around before half-time, then Jack Beadle and Mahlondo Martin finished it off.

A bright start from the visitors saw Witham net his sixth of the season after only nine minutes, rising highest to head in Trey Charles’ cross.

The joy was short-lived though, as Karl Stevenson’s foul resulted in a free-kick on the edge of the area, and Bunting fired home the equaliser on 12 minutes.

Northwood continued to offer an attacking threat but couldn’t turn their chances into goals, making it even more frustrating when Hedley put Uxbridge ahead against the run of play.

Wood keeper Rob Partington prevented it becoming 3-1 before the break by keeping out Elliott Poley’s penalty, but two goals in four minutes early in the second half from Beadle and Mahlondo ended any chances of a comeback as well as any chances of advancing to the next stage of the competition for Woods.

Lastly, Lewis Toomey’s hat-trick helped Berkhamsted ease through to the first qualifying round of the FA Trophy as they beat Isthmian League South East Division side Herne Bay.

Toomey opened the scoring after 18 minutes with a low effort from just inside the area, and Jonathan Lacey added the second when he got the final touch to Dan Akubine’s effort.

After half an hour, Toomey added his second and Berko’s third when he followed up his own blocked effort.

Tommy Williams got his first competitive goal for the club early in the second half to make it four, and Toomey completed the rout late on.

Berkhamsted will visit Hornchurch in the next round, to be played on Saturday, October 26.