Fullerians bounced back from their defeat against Hammersmith and Fulham to beat second-bottom Welwyn in London 2 North West.

Dan Evans, George Harvey and Jackson Espin all got themselves on the scoresheet in what eventually proved to be a comfortable win for the away side.

It was Welwyn that took the lead when some quick thinking saw them take a tap penalty, and Fullers were caught napping, allowing the home side to score under the posts.

However, a wayward pass compounded by a slip from Welwyn’s full-back saw the ball break nicely for Evans, and his try levelled the game at 7-7.

Evans scored a penalty shortly after to edge Fullers ahead, but from the restart they failed to gather the ball and Welwyn went back in front.

After Liam Mann prevented what looked certain to be another try, Fullers started to put together some nice moves and Harvey’s excellent control saw him go over, Ben Matchett adding the extras.

Early in the second half, a series of penalties eventually saw the referee award them a penalty try, and three minutes later scrum half Espin secured their fourth of the day and the bonus point.

Fullers almost added a fifth late on after a period of ill-discipline from both sides, but they comfortably saw out the remainder of the game.

The club’s Second team were also in action against Welwyn following the cancellation of their league match against Hemel Hempstead’s Second team, winning 21-5.

Two converted tries from Beak in the first half had his side in a comfortable position, but a well-deserved try from Welwyn made it 14-5 at the interval.

Fullers extended their lead further in the second half with Ollie Dawson beating three defenders before going over to seal the game.

Tabard suffered a fifth defeat of the season as they were comfortably beaten 22-7 by in-form Enfield Ignatians.

Tom King scored their only try of the game as their penultimate game of 2019 ended in defeat which leaves them sixth in the London 3 North West table.

Ignatians’ first of two quick tries came from George Cox as he scored under the posts and Ryan Browne went onto score in the corner after Tabard were caught out trying to play out of defence.

Despite the early setback, Tabard were looking good with their movement and forced Ignatians into conceding a succession of penalties, but Harry Gough’s kick bounced back off the upright.

Another penalty just before the break went wide of the target and that allowed Enfield to add another try just before the whistle.

Tabard conceded again straight from the restart after being caught offside, but they responded and an excellent pass into King allowed him to move down the line and sprint over in the corner. Gough added the conversion to end the game at 22-7 in the visitors' favour.

The side face another tough test this weekend in their final match of 2019, visiting third-placed Stevenage Town as they hunt for their first win since a 9-5 success over Kilburn Cosmos all the way back in October.