Kings Langley's hopes of claiming a third successive league win tonight have been thwarted by the weather after an impressive team performance saw them claim a 3-1 victory at Stourbridge on Saturday.

Chris Cummins' side had been due to face Biggleswade Town at the Orbital Fasteners Stadium, but the game has been called off following a pitch inspection this afternoon.

The omens had not been good for Kings at the weekend as they travelled to the Midlands to face a side who had beaten them 4-1 in September and without the influential Jordan Parkes and Callum Adebiyi.

The signs continued to look ominous when the Glassboys took the lead through Chay Tilt, but Saul Williams quickly levelled to make it all-square at the break and Langley went on to run out convincing winners thanks to second-half goals from Stevie Ward and Casey Linsell.

The visitors adopted a high back line, a pressing midfield and hard running frontmen and looked dangerous from the off, but opportunities at both ends were limited to a Williams angled effort over the bar and a Tom Tonks low shot turned round the post by Melvin Minter.

Both sides were playing some attractive, inter-passing football, but play was delayed when the home side over-reacted to a somewhat innocuous coming together and Will Grocott and Lloyd Doyley were booked.

Gary Connolly suffered a match-ending injury soon after and replacement Alex Anderson had hardly got on the field when he was bypassed by a free-kick from Grocott which set up Tilt and the winger swept the ball home.

If Kings were unsettled by the turn of events, it didn’t show and five minutes later Dean Hitchcock drilled a first-time pass into the path of Kyle Connolly on the left flank and his cross on the run was fired past James Wren by Williams for the equaliser.

The second half was only three minutes old when Williams intercepted a poor pass out of defence and set Ward clear for him to calmly slot the ball past the exposed keeper to put the visitors 2-1 to the good.

The away supporters may have been a drop in the ocean of the large crowd, but they were making themselves heard as the frustration of their counterparts became a tangible entity and the Glassboys’ confidence ebbed.

As the hour mark passed, Kings delivered the killer blow when Roddy Collins found Mitchell Weiss on the left and his cross was turned in at the second attempt by Linsell.

Stourbridge mounted a series of attacks in the last 10 minutes and although the sparkling feet of Tilt on the right gave the crowd some hope of a conversion of his crosses, they foundered on the defensive rock of Doyley and Jorell Johnson, who won everything bar two headers from Anthony Dwyer and Jamie Willetts, both of which came to nothing.

The victory leaves Kings 15th in the Southern League Premier Central table and they will now bid for a third straight league victory at home to Lowestoft Town on Saturday.

Kings Langley: Minter; G Connolly (Anderson 33), Doyley, Johnson, K Connolly; Collins, Hitchcock; Ward, Williams, Linsell (Farrell 68); Weiss (Collier 86). Sub not used: Lamboh.