West Herts Mens’ First team are now only two wins away from securing their return to the National League after a 4-1 against East London in East Premier A.

A neatly-aimed flick from Dan Webster into the bottom right corner opened Herts’ account before captain Bill Gage lashed home the second.

Max Webster’s brace, two goals that were carbon copies of each other, rounded things off in the second half.

The Stags travel to second-placed Cambridge City II’s this Saturday boasting a 14-point gap between the two.

The Ladies’ First XI made the long trip to Kent on Saturday and brought home the points after a 5-3 win over bottom side Burnt Ash in the East Premier.

Miranda Hall slotted home Herts’ first of the afternoon after dummying the defence, and an excellent volley from Mel Coates doubled the advantage before Ash pulled one back.

Helen George made it 3-1 from a penalty corner before Alice Poole had a fourth ruled out.

Soon after though, Hall did flick home a fourth before Ash rallied and pulled it back to 4-3, but a late Emily Kilbane goal killed off the fightback and secured the win.

The Mens’ Second XI were unable to match the first team as they lost further ground in Division One following a 2-1 loss against East London at the Lee Valley Stadium.

The Stags were the better side early on but failed to take the opportunities handed to them.

They did, at last, take the lead through Tom Gwyne-Evans, but ill-discipline saw them handed a succession of green cards, and East London took advantage by notching a penalty corner in each half to turn the game on its head and secure the win.

The Ladies’ Second XI saw their four-game unbeaten run in Division Two come to an end in a 3-1 defeat against St Albans III.

Tanita Montgomery was the sole scorer for Herts.

The side can theoretically still make it up to the promotion spots but would require a huge slice of luck in terms of the league’s other results.

Adam Friend and Jack Bowsher helped to lift the Mens’ Third XI out of the Division Three South West relegation zone with a 2-0 win against table-toppers St Albans III.

The win was the team’s first in seven weeks and the clean sheet could prove vital in their battle for survival across the remaining six games.

Another potential turnaround is that of the Ladies’ Third XI, who still only have one defeat since Christmas after a 1-1 draw at home to Potter’s Bar.

Sam Murray scored Herts’ only goal of the game to help them keep clear of the drop zone.

The Mens’ Fourth XI produced a rare result as they were held to a 0-0 draw away at Rickmansworth to stay in mid-table, while the Fifth XI welcome Rickmansworth II’s but could not prevent dropped further towards the Division Six South West relegation zone after they were beaten 2-1.

Despite a positive first-half performance, the Ladies’ Fourth XI suffered a 3-0 defeat away at Cheshunt, with all three goals coming after the break.

The Fifth XI, meanwhile, remain in contention for promotion after a 2-1 home win against bottom side Leighton Buzzard.

Finally, the Mens Sixth XI recorded an excellent 6-2 win away at second-placed Bishop’s Stortford.

Harvey Spencer opened the scoring before Andrew Marriot smashed home to make it two.

Stortford pulled one back but Harry Hillary made it 3-1 at the break.

The hosts notched again in the second half, but the Stags went on to comfortably win the first-half scorers all doubling their tallies.