West Herts effectively secured back promotion to the National League after trashing Norwich City 5-0 on their travels.

The five-goal demolition completed a crowning season for the Stags as they all but secured the East Premier A title due to their vastly superior goal difference over Cambridge University.

It was not straightforward however, with the visitors struggling to break down a composed and resilient Norwich backline in the first half due to their profligacy in front of goal.

But an air of inevitability crept in as soon as they broke the deadlock through Dan Webster, who made it a century of goals for the Stags this season.

The table-toppers pressed the hosts high up the pitch and the game became one sided with captain Bill Gage netting a hat-trick.

Norwich struggled to withstand the onslaught due to West Herts' technical and tactical supremacy. They went on to concede a late fifth as Webster added his second goal of the game.

The Ladies missed the chance to move to third in the table as they suffered a 2-0 defeat at Sevenoaks despite a dominant first half in which they had nothing to show for their efforts after winning a number of penalty corners.

Sevenoaks took the lead through a penalty corner against the run of play and held onto it until the interval despite being finding themselves on the back foot for the majority of the first half.

The second half was similar to the first, as Herts failed to take the chances their performance deserved.

Goalkeeper Emily Came kept her side in the game with a number of vital saves but she could not prevent Sevenoaks from doubling the advantage, conceding a tap in at the post.

West Herts Men's Seconds suffered a 2-1 home defeat at the hands of Crostyx, which further dented their chances of survival.

Nils Mundy equalised with a spectacular goal but Crostyx added a late second to come away from Watford with all three points.

The Ladies' Seconds and Shefford & Sandy shared the spoils as the sides drew 3-3 in a controversial game that saw three visiting players and their manager given the marching orders by the referee.

The hosts went 1-0 up but Shefford nicked a crucial late equaliser in a somewhat lacklustre game.

The men's third team opened up a four-point cushion over the drop zone after seeing off Potters Bar 2-0 on the road.

Captain Rob Gabriel scored the first before Jack Bowsher put the result beyond doubt.

West Herts Ladies Thirds suffered a disheartening 5-1 trashing against Broxbourne's fourth side.

Rachel Nash's goal was the sole positive note in a disappointing collective performance.

The Men's Fourths slumped to a 5-1 home defeat against Berkhamsted Seconds. This came on the back of their 4-0 thumping against the same opponents in the reverse fixture a few months ago.

West Herts failed to follow up their win against the league leaders the previous weekend and went 2-0 behind before Fraser Bryden reduced the deficit to give his side a precious lifeline.

However the second half turned into one-way traffic with Berkhamsted finding the back of the net on three more occasions.

West Herts Fifths lost by the same scoreline against league leaders Southgate Tankards A.

The defeat was their fifth on the spin as they now start to nervously look over the shoulder.

The Sixths had a better time of it as they claimed a 2-1 win over Blueharts Sevenths.

It was a tight and tense affair, but the Stags fought back from 1-0 down to secure the three points, courtesy of goals by Andrew Marriott and Colin Mannal.