Premier Division

The Watford Sunday League returned after the five-week Covid suspension, and it saw all of the main title contenders who were in action in the top flight register wins.

Leaders Sun Sports Athletic have a four-point lead at the summit after a comfortable 3-0 away victory over Old Fullerians.

After an open start it was Sun who broke the deadlock in the first half through Phil Ifil.

The game was ended as a contest with two quick-fire goals early in the second period, the first coming when Old Fullerians lost possession and were punished by James Fisher. Sam Clarke then added the third with a long-range effort.

Second-placed Evergreen kept the pressure on with a 3-0 home win over Rifle Volunteer.

Ryan O’Sullivan gave Evergreen the lead in the first half, although their opponents failed to take some good chances and were also denied by a fine save by the home keeper.

Rifle remained in the game after the break until two late goals sealed the win thanks to a penalty from Olly Cripps and a second for O’Sullivan.

It’s now seven league defeats for Fox & Stone and six of them by just a single goal after they were beaten 3-2 by Everett Rovers.

Everett took the lead via a rare Luke Preedy header before Fox levelled soon after through Jude Bell. Barry Mitchell restored Rovers’ lead with a thumping strike from the edge of the area.

Everett extended their advantage to 3-1 soon after the restart when Crag Scott placed his shot wide of the keeper, but once again the visitors pulled a goal back through Alex Witham.

Division One

It was a good morning for leaders North Watford as not only did they defeat Bushey Rangers 5-2, they also saw closest rivals Cassiobury Rangers go down to a second league defeat of the campaign 3-2 to Langleybury CC.

North Watford had to do it the hard way though, coming back from 2-1 down at half-time.

Ben Alexander headed them in front after 20 minutes, before Bushey turned the game around thanks to a Craig Gorrie goal after 38 minutes and a header by Dean Elicott two minutes before the break.

Bushey, playing with just the bare 11 men, battled on bravely, with Daryl Brown equalising from the edge of the box.

It looked like Rangers might hold on for a point, but with three minutes left Michael Jarman headed North Watford in front.

The victory was then completed thanks to two goals in added-on time through Shoaib Ali and Connor Flanagan.

Cassiobury’s first defeat since the opening day of the season, means North Watford now have a four-point advantage.

Langleybury went ahead when a Cassiobury throw was intercepted and slipped through to Lenny Farhall who lobbed the keeper from around 20 yards out.

Cassiobury drew level in the second half when a one-two between Corum Chase and Joe Mortimer allowed Chase to score from a tight angle in the area, but almost straight away Langleybury went back in front when Farhall netted his second with a simple tap in.

Cassiobury equalised for the second time, with Chase again finding the target with his 13th goal of the season. In a final twist though, Langleybury scored the winner late on thanks to a goal from Oliver Ilott.

The only crumb of comfort for Cassiobury was that third-placed AFC Leavesden failed to cut the gap to second place as they suffered a 4-0 home defeat to Railway Arms, who have recovered after a bad start to the season and secured this second victory of the campaign.

Leavesden had a man sent off when they already trailed 1-0 and then went onto concede three further goals. Dan Bourne scored a brace with Dean Brinton and Paul Kenwright netting the others.

Oxhey Spartans enjoyed a 2-1 away win over bottom-placed AFC Bedmond.

Both sides scored with penalties in the first half, Jordan Toomey putting Bedmond ahead before Liam Coles equalised.

Daniel Horner netted the winner after the interval with a finish into the top corner of the net.

Division Two

This division is shaping up to be the closest, with just three points separating the top five teams.

SOCA went back to the top of the table after a 4-1 home win over FC Woodside.

Tyler Connor scored a double and Harry Chamberlin and an own goal also registered for the victors, with Drew Snailham replying.

The leaders at the start of play, Dome Bar, were held 2-2 at home by Skyline.

Matt Byrne and Steve Noonan scored for Dome Bar, with Jordan Austin and Isa Rotimi responding. Rotimi’s goal ensured the points were shared with a late screamer.

WD beat ACS Milan 3-0 to make it five wins from five, with Ben Dunton scoring twice and Dion Belle once.

FC Metropolitan Herts are in fourth following a 5-1 victory over West Herts.

Rob Gradwell led the way with a brace and the other goals came from Joe Da Silva, Dan Branch and Dave Wilmott. Paul Craig scored the sole West Herts reply.

Chess United enjoyed a remarkable 7-0 home win over ER FC.

Ali Shale scored a hat-trick, while Andrew Latchman netted on his return to the game after being injured for 14 months. The other goals came from Conor Graham, Matt Hargreaves and Matt Latchman.

Despite scoring seven, Chess also managed to miss three times from the penalty spot as well.

Division Three

The top two sides, Hertfordshire Eagles and Watford Town, both enjoyed 7-0 home wins over Inter and Batchworth respectively.

Charlie Kimpton, with two, Evan King, Connor Hewitt-Coleman, Jonty Bier-Allan, Jack McLaughlin and Dan Linfield were all on the scoresheet for Eagles.

Nathan Nottage, with a double, Nelson Santos, Matty Deamer, Charlie Beach, Jack Sheriff and Alex Nottage all found the net for Town.

Chalfont Saints moved into third place above their opponents Watford Athletic, who they dispatched 4-0 thanks to Owen Clements’ brace and singles from Niall O'Shea and Aidan Brennan.

Sparta Phoenix beat bottom-placed Frances George 3-1 through two-goal Elliot Greig and one from Craig Putman. Daniel West replied for George.

South Herts are fast becoming the draw specialists after sharing the spoils for a third time in eight games, this time 3-3 with Watford Sports.

Marcos Junior Lima scored a hat-trick for South Herts, with Luke Carey, Taylor Kemp and Eesaa Bond netting the Sports’ replies.

Harry and Ollie Donohoe scored the goals as King George beat Woodside Wanderers 2-0 for a second win of the season.