Nathan Ellington scored his first goal for Watford since last April in today's 3-0 win over Wealdstone.

Ellington's Watford career seemed to be over when he was loaned out to Derby last season for £1.5m, with the view to a permanent move.

However, Ellington, who has only scored four goals in 38 competitive appearances for Watford since his £3.25m move in 2007, returned for the 'Orns in last week's 4-1 win over Boreham Wood.

And the striker completed the scoring today with his first goal for Watford since the 2-1 win over Coventry on April 5 2008.

Ellington's 87th-minute strike came after first-half goals from Danny Graham and Tamas Priskin had already made sure of the win over non-league Wealdstone, who were using the game as a testimonial to manager Gordon Bartlett.

Watford came out of the blocks flying last week against Boreham Wood with three goals in the opening 15 minutes but it was a much closer affair in the first half at Grosvenor Park.

The first moment of note came on ten minutes when Priskin beat James Gray inside the box and was brought down, although, surprisingly, the referee gave nothing.

Watford were on top and the first chance fell to Graham, whose half volley went wide of the near post after Jon Harley's knock down.

The opener did come five minutes later though. Trialist Claudio Beauvue chipped the ball into the box and after Priskin’s header was well saved by Luke Woods, the Wood defenders failed to clear the ball, Priskin made the challenge and then Graham bundled home.

Wealdstone had a couple of half-chances midway through the half. First Kieran Forbes’ corner was just tipped away from the on-coming attackers by Richard Lee and then Greg Ngoyi headed wide from a Ben Alexander cross.

Trialist Beauvue was the standout player of the first half and his influence on the game increased as the half wore on.

First the Troyes winger, after challenging full back Garry Jones, burst into the box and unselfishly pulled the ball back to Priskin, but the Hungarian was caught flat-footed and couldn’t reach the ball.

Beauvue then played his part in Watford’s second goal as he slipped Lloyd Doyley in and the full back crossed for Jon Harley. Harley’s header went wide but the ref blew for a pull back, by Marvin McCoy, on the former Chelsea man and Priskin sent the keeper the wrong way from the spot.

Priskin then almost grabbed a second moments later when he smashed a shot against the post from 20 yards out.

After Adrian Mariappa had a header saved from a corner, Beauvue almost got the goal his performance deserved when he was put through one-on-one, only for the Frenchman to try and dink the ball over Woods and the keeper saved.

As the half came to a close, there was another penalty appeal when after Beauvue’s cross, Eustace was brought down trying to reach the second ball, but the ref dismissed the appeals.

The second period began with both sides having a go from distance. Scott Severin’s shot was tame but Alexander’s drive from 25 yards moved enough in the air to force Lee to palm away.

Beauvue was taking set pieces and he should have done better when he tried to drive his cross-shot into the crowd of players from 20 yards.

Second-year scholar Lee Hodson started well after coming on at half time and the youngster slipped Priskin in, but the striker’s curling shot was comfortably wide.

Wealdstone had the Hornets a little worried when Alan Massey beat Lee to a cross, athough Mike Williamson was able to clear.

Stones’ substitute Ross Lafeite should have taken advantage of Adrian Mariappa's mistake when he ran through alone, however he lacked the pace as Mariappa recovered and couldn’t get the shot away.

Beauvue was still causing problems and after having two attempted crosses blocked, he smashed a volley high and wide.

Once again Watford used all their subs except for the Academy keeper replacement and the first contribution from second-year scholar Kurtney Brooks was to block a Gray header off the line.

Nathan Ellington made another appearance from the bench and his first contribution was to drag a shot wide.

First-year professional Michael Bryan, who scored an excellent solo effort last week, went on another mazy dribble soon after coming on today and laid the ball off to Ellington, but the striker’s pull back couldn’t be reached be Liam Henderson.

Ellington forced Woods into a double save from close range before he scored his first goal for Watford since April 2008.

The striker, who was signed from West Bromwich Albion for £3.25m, showed good strength after Rob Kiernan headed a clearance over the centre backs and the striker showed composure to thump the ball home with his left foot.

The game ended with a Bryan run and shot, which went wide.

Wealdstone: Woods, McCoy, Jones (Locke 70), Gray, Massey, Quaye (Ashe 62), Forbes, O’Leary (During 70), Alexander (Lafeite 55), Ngoyi (Osbourne 62), Spendlove (Lewis 81). Subs: Thomas.

Watford: Lee; Doyley (Hodson 45), Williamson (Oshodi 71), Mariappa, Travner (Bryan 45); Beauvue (Sordell 80), Severin (Brooks 75), Eustace (Kiernan 75), Harley; Graham (Henderson 60), Priskin (Ellington 60). Subs: Irving.