Oxhey Jets secured their first win away from home in 10 games on Tuesday night as they beat Tring Athletic 1-0 in the Herts Senior Cup.

Jets had the better of a first half in which they were able to make the most of a downhill slope and ultimately bagged the winner 10 minutes before the interval.

The goal was more than worthy of winning any game as Elijah Seymour went on a fine solo run before calmly sliding the ball past the Tring keeper.

A second half of few chances saw the contest descend into a midfield scrap, but Jets did enough to hold onto the win and advance at the expense of their local rivals.

Their reward is an away game against Hoddesdon in early December.

Tuesday’s win was even more welcome after it came on the back of a 2-0 South Midlands Premier Division loss to Biggleswade FC on Saturday.

The defeat was made all the harder to swallow as Jets were denied what appeared to be a clear penalty with the scores still at 0-0.

Jets had themselves to blame for Biggleswade’s opener as a defensive misunderstanding allowed Alex Marsh to score just before half-time.

The game was put beyond Jets in the second period when Marsh turned provider to set up Lee Northfield, who made it 2-0.

Berkhamsted’s title-tilt maintained it’s momentum with a 2-1 defeat of London Tigers, which leaves them three points clear at the top of the table.

They looked set for an easy afternoon when Ashton Campbell headed home Ben Bateman’s cross to open the scoring in the 16th minute.

However, Tigers hit back as Paolo Alves reacted quickest after Linor Krysniqi’s overhead kick rattled the crossbar.

The goal gave Tigers a confidence boost and it took un til the 69th minute for Berko to force the winner after a push in the box gave them a spot kick.

Dan Jones stepped up and calmly converted the winner from 12 yards.

Berko built on the win with a Herts Senior Cup success over Colney Heath as they eased to a 4-1 victory on the road on Tuesday.

Defeat in the cup to Jets compounded a testing weekend for Tring Athletic which saw them go down to a 3-2 loss against Harpenden Town.

Tommy Twelves and Luke Dunstan got the goals for Tring.

Leverstock Green were within seconds of ending Welwyn Garden City’s unbeaten league record, only to be forced to settle for a 2-2 draw.

Green started well and were deservedly ahead when Matt Bateman slotted home, but Dave Corran levelled five minutes before the break.

An own goal from Jay Wolfe restored the Green lead with the game in its final 10 minutes.

Green looked to have done enough to secure the win, but were hit with a sucker punch in the third minute of added time.

Rolfe atoned for his error with the late leveller, but Green could still celebrate their first away point this term.

They were unable to match their performance levels from Saturday in midweek as Welwyn Garden City dumped them out of the Senior Cup.

The match was decided in only the second minute as Welwyn scored the night’s only goal.

Green attempted to muster a comeback but failed to truly worry their opponents