Fullerians were unable to build on last week’s win over Ruislip as they suffered their fifth defeat in six games on Saturday.

Their opponents, Colchester, were in dominant mood as they cruised to a 55-17 win at Fullerians home.

Despite the one-sided scoreline, Fullers started the better of the two sides before an interception try handed the visitors the initiative.

A penalty saw them extend their lead and Tom Fawssett was then sinbinned to further swing things in Colchester’s favour.

They made the most of their numerical advantage to go 15-0 clear in as many minutes.

Further ill-discipline led to Shaun Smith being shown a yellow card and Colchester inevitably extended their lead further to make it 22-0 at the break.

Fullers finally got on the scoreboard in the second period and ran in three quick tries through Liam Mann, Connor Head and Fawsestt.

Again Colchester pulled away and they were good value for their victory.

Some free-flowing rugby was not enough to give Tabard victory against Hammersmith & Fulham as they went down to a 35-17 defeat on Saturday.

The visitors competed throughout, but remain as the London Two North West’s basement club by virtue of the loss.

It was the struggling away side who started the brighter as good work at the breakdown from George Gough helped set up the opening try for skipper Dan Calnan.

A soft penalty allowed Hammersmith to reduce the arrears to two almost immediately and they drove over from close range to go ahead in the 20th minute.

Hammersmith extended their lead to 15-5 at the break as a long kick forward was collected by their centre and he ran in unopposed from 40 yards out.

In fairness to Tabard, they showed no signs of giving in and came out firing in the second period.

Quick thinking from Gough gave the scrum-half the chance to release Jack Reilly for Tabard’s second try soon after the break.

Hammersmith kicked a quick response with a penalty before a yellow card for Tabard allowed their opponents to stretch the game further.

Their dominant pack took them over the line for another try, but Tabard once again responded through Jack Sandison’s try to make it 23-17.

The result looked to be in the balance as both sides tried to get on the front foot, but it was Hammersmith who edged the closing stages.

They touched down twice more in the final 15 minutes to give the scoreline a look which scarcely reflected how close the match had been.

Plaudits for good performances are one thing, but it is points and points alone which will salvage Tabard’s season.